Winnipeg Asbestos Abatement Services
Asbestos was used in such large quantities in Winnipeg from 1950 to 1980. Because of its many functional properties – until it was proved carcinogenic.
Many long-lasting asbestos products, such as floor coverings or roof slabs, are still a big part of everyday life. Winnipeg construction workers should know about the issues in your property to protect themselves and others.
Why Should Asbestos be Removed?
Asbestos is a carcinogenic substance. Asbestos is a delicate fiber, which can be split further in length and easily inhaled.
The inhaled fibers can remain in the lung for the long-term and irritate the tissue. Asbestosis, i.e., pulmonary hardening due to scarring tissue, was recognized as an occupational disease as early as 1936.
The time from asbestos exposure, i.e., the inhalation of the asbestos fibers, to the onset of a disease (latency) is long and can be up to 30 years.
The number of applications for recognizing occupational asbestosis still accounts for a large proportion of the total claims received from accident insurances.
In recent years, an average of 3,000 new applications received each year, of which nearly 1,000 occupational diseases of asbestosis.
However, some recent studies link asbestos exposure illness such as mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis. It kills an average of 5,000 people every year.
Why is Asbestos Dangerous?
- Asbestos is a highly toxic material that can cause mesothelioma, a deadly lung cancer.
- Causes many types of respiratory diseases and conditions while inhaling and exhaling
- Asbestos microscopic fiber enters into linings and settles onto the tissues.
- Tasteless and odorless, staying undetected unless performing special tests
- Found in many old items in the 1940s and 1980s
Everyday Products That Can contain Asbestos include:
- Wall and attic insulation
- Ceiling tiles
- Spray-on fireproofing
- Floor tiles
- Electricity insulation
- Wallboard joint compound
- Boiler insulation
Methods of Asbestos Abatement
- Covering (enclosure)
During the covering method, we seal off the area containing asbestos by covering it. For exposed insulation piping, we can use a proactive jacket or wrap.
- Sealing (encapsulation)
Sealing involves applying a sealant to the affected materials, which binds the asbestos fibers together or boats the tissue to eliminate the dangers.
We care about your health and well-being, so we offer top-notch asbestos removal services at a very affordable price.
Contact us today for booking a FREE consultation with our experts! We look forward to providing a responsive, safe, and cost-effective solution to our clients.
Why Choose Us?
Winnipeg Asbestos Removal Experts places health and safety compliance first by:
- Being accredited to remove all types and forms of asbestos
- Holding an unrestricted license to remove all asbestos products
- Having the certification of Safety Management System
- Having qualified and trained experts and project managers to oversee the asbestos removal operations
We aim to make the asbestos removal process easy for our clients. That is why we are providing our hassle-free services 24 hours a day.
CONTACT US TODAY!
Contact us today and get a FREE estimate for our hassle-free asbestos removal services in Winnipeg.